The fish

I don't suppose
my heart was everwarm and redlike this before.
I sense that
in the worst moments of this black,
death-feeding repast
a thousand thousand well-springs of sunlight,
stemming from certitude,well up in my heart.
I sense, further, that
in every nook and cranny of this salt barrenness of despair
a thousand thousand joy forests,
stemming from the soil,
are suddenly springing.
Oh, lost certitude, oh, sea-creature
fleeing in the concentric,
shivering,
mirroring pools,
I am the clear pool:
mesmerized by love,
search out a path for meamong the mirror pools.
I don't thinkmy hand was everstrong and alivelike this, before.
I sense that
at the flow of blood-red tears in my eyesa duskless sun pours forth a song.
I sense that
in my every vein,in time with my every heart beat,the warning bell of a departing caravan tolls.
She, bare, came
one evening
through the doorlike the soul of water.
At her breast
two fishIn her hand a mirror
Her wet hair,
moss fragrance, intertwined moss.
On the threshold of despair,
I bellowed: Ah, oh retrieved certitude.
I won't put you again aside.

Ahmad shamlou(persian poet)

Popular posts from this blog

THE FIRST BOOKE OF THE FAERIE QVEENE. Contayning THE LEGENDE OF THE KNIGHT OF THE RED CROSSE, OR OF HOLINESSE.

Caurapâñcâśikâ

A Prouder Man Than You