December

Look up at the snowing December,
My love, through the windows, watch higher –
And tell them to bring us some embers,
To hear the cracking of fire.

Push closer your chair and listen
Wind`s rattle in chimney, the roar,
The storm or my days -all the same –
I wish I could learn their score.

And tell them to bring us some tea
Come closer, my darling, and sit
Now read me some tales from the poles,
Let it snow, let the snow be our crypt

And all in the house is so sacred,
And here with you is so warm –
Look up at the snowing December,
Don’t laugh…don`t cry…and read on.

And tell them to bring us a lamp,
It’s daylight, so dark and so cold –
The fence has been buried by snow,
And white frost has coated the bolt.

A flood of snow everywhere
Today I am not going home,
Look up at the snowing December,
Don’t cry…don`t laugh…and read on.

George Bacovia

Popular posts from this blog

THE FIRST BOOKE OF THE FAERIE QVEENE. Contayning THE LEGENDE OF THE KNIGHT OF THE RED CROSSE, OR OF HOLINESSE.

Caurapâñcâśikâ

A Prouder Man Than You